Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Why we all use Google for everything

I can't sleep, so I thought I'd blog. In my tired but wide awake state, I suddenly realised why I use Google for pretty much everything, other than my Twittering. Yes it is because it has the best search results, but how much search do I do any more? Yes it's easy to use as well but that's not the reason either.

I use it because it's easy to get to. Simple as that.

Google is set as my home page on IE8. I have Google Toolbar so that means there are already three buttons directly on my browser so I can instantly get to all my Google applications. These simple facts have meant that as every new tool arrives from them I have instant access.

Not rocket science I grant you, but a nice marketing lesson. Make it easy to use if you want it to spread. If you want to reach a niche audience however, maybe making it difficult is the best way?

No comments:

Post a Comment