Friday, August 29, 2008

How did you get here?

I don't mean to work, your PC, out of bed or even to this blog. I mean how did you get to do whatever it is you do? Why do you live where you do? Why do you like certain food? Love a specific tune? Have your world view?

Lots of things have changed for me recently and maybe because of that this question has been playing on my mind.

In my mind I'm so far removed from my upbringing that when I drop back into it, it seems almost alien. I know that my upbringing has built my psyche this far, it's helped me develop to where I am and made me who I am. But when I analyse it I struggle to see these connections.

For the record I had a great upbringing with no major traumas and I have a very loving family. Just sometimes I can't see the connection.

No comments:

Post a Comment