Thursday, August 28, 2008

Hey make a list

Not a new idea granted but something that most people overlook.

When you have loads of stuff to do, I know you're just like me, break it down into small parts and make yourself a list. I used to use pen and paper only problem is that way you write down what's at the front of your mind which isn't necessarily what is your most important job.

I now use word and use the auto number function. I brain dump it all and then rearrange it on screen. If you get it right you should get quite a long list of pretty small jobs.

The reason small jobs on the list are important is that having one big job summed up in a line means it's too daunting. Break large jobs into smaller chunks.

I said it's not a new idea. But I bet most of you don't do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment