Wednesday, December 24, 2008

My list of the 8 best things in 2008

As a last post of 2008 I thought I'd list the best things to happen to me in 2008. Yes its self indulgent but this my blog!
  1. My children.
    Obvious I know but as any dad will tell you they are the most important thing in the world. I'm so proud of the way they are becoming amazing people in their own right. I'm very lucky indeed. I can state for a fact that this will be number one in the list until I die.

  2. My friends.
    I only have a few good friends, they know who they are. Friends are the most important people in your life. You'll only ever get a few really really good ones make sure you cherish them. It'll pay off for your whole life.

  3. My cameras.
    This year I've become obsessed with my cameras, I've a standard compact digital which goes everywhere with me. But my cherished camera is my Lomo Super Sampler. I love this little camera with its weird lens and the four pictures it takes at once. If you don't own a Lomo Camera them buy one now, your life will be enhanced I promise.

  4. Glastonbury Festival
    This year was the first time I've been in 13 years and Glastonbury didn't disappoint. It was bigger, weirder and more amazing than I could have imagined. Got my ticket for 2009 already. Hey if there are any left get them booked!

  5. BBC Radio Four
    Never, ever thought I'd find myself listening to this! But radio four has opened up my mind. I know find it impossible to drive to work without listening to the Today Show. OK some of the comedy is a bit ropey sometimes and I still can't listen to the Archers. But nothing is perfect.

  6. Mark Radcliffe and Stuart Maconie on Radio 2
    Driving home up the M1 is made into a joy listening to these professional northerners rattle on seemingly to themselves. Their knowledge of music old and new is amazing but they aren't condescending at all. The whole show feels like you've just nipped down to the pub with a few mates and the pub happens to have the best jukebox ever.
  7. QI
    Stephen Fry and QI are a match made in heaven I can watch this programme forever and never ever be bored. The title Quite Interesting actually undersells the show, its the most interesting programme you'll ever see.
  8. The Book of Dave by Will Self
    Completely bewildering in parts but still utter genius. Taking a while to get through it but I can't put it down. Buy it and be bewildered today.

No comments:

Post a Comment