Monday, December 29, 2008

Marketing Lomography


As I've ranted about on here before, I love my Lomo camera. The way the lens gives an odd light and that no two are alike makes amazing shots. The camera I have the SuperSampler also has the disadvantage of not having a view finder. Add to that that they use 35mm film and you have a little issue. Namely that you have no idea what you have until you collect your prints. It's this very fact that makes me love the little thing. Its also what has made Lomography a worldwide cult.

The images the camera makes are so individual that they make ideal shots for marketing and advertising. The issue is that there can be no standardisation, no given quality. What's needed from a client or agency is a lot of good will that the images will not be highly technical or even pin sharp or even that the images once shot will even come out. What does ensue though is great, no amazing pictures.

I'm going to make it a personal mission if mine in 2009 to get Lomography more widely used, even if it's just by me.

If you've no idea what I'm taking about then take a look at the Lomography website you'll be amazed. Once you've seen what can be achieved you'll want to try it yourself I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment