Friday, October 24, 2008

What if... We all refuse the recession

Each morning on Radio 4 more and more news comes in of the world wide recession. In reality there's not much I alone can do about the recession.

I realise that I'm only small and even if I put everything and every penny I've ever made or am likely to make into a bank or business it would absolutely no difference at all. I like most people of the world am small fry.

But what if...

But what if all us small people did something amazing. What if we all refuse the recession? I know it sounds fanciful and impossible but think about it a bit more. All this mess has been made by only a few people who someone gave a load of cash and power to. What if a huge number of people got together and collectively made a difference. What if we all refuse to have a recession or change how we live so that we don't care and don't let the recession effect us? What would all the big wigs do then? How would they cope with the fact that their cock-ups and messes didn't matter to us because we just got on with life and supported each other?

I'm not saying I have any answers. What I am saying is that there's a recession because they told us there was one and there telling us that we're all going to hell in a hand cart and what do we do we sit here and take it!

My profession has a lot to answer for Marketing as a whole has a way of putting spin on everything. Government now runs on marketing, it'll tell you what's good for you, doesn't matter which party it is or even which country.

My mantra is that marketing and everything in life should be used for good, there's no reason why not. So let's market ourselves mentally and physically out of the recession. Positive Mental Attitude is what's needed.

Keep looking for glimmers.

No comments:

Post a Comment