- Pick a name which describes the business
- Pick a name which uses a made-up word
- Use your own name
1. If you have a complex business, then giving a descriptive name which does it justice will be difficult
2. Made-up word can be a great way to create standout, it also makes finding you easier. Seth Godin started Squidoo for that very reason. If you heard of it you'd remember the name because it is so unusual.
3. Using your own name may sound a bit lazy, but think about it. People all ready know you you already have a reputation and therefore a story. If you give a 'brand' name to yourself, there's a dilution of the story as you have to start explaining your decision.