Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Just what is it that you want to do?

We wanna a be free, free to do what we wanna do. We wanna get loaded!

I don't want to get loaded what ever that is (I'm sure everyone has their own way). But what I want to do, I don't know. Like most people I stumble through life lurching from one thing to another. Sure making some great and terrible decisions which take moment's of clarity and out of those I've done well, chosen the right career, a great place to work. I've got a very loving family and three amazing children who I love more than the world. My girlfriend is clever and very beautiful and I'm a very lucky person.

This week I had a tragedy in my family, I won't go into it here. What this has made me do is stand back and ask myself just what's important. Life's too short to have regrets or miss opportunities or not create opportunities. Its possible that you wake up one morning and do all the normal things you do every day and then life just stops.

There's no second chance, one last phone call, just one more email, 10 more minutes with the kids. Life is so precious you really, really must make the most of it because one day you'll blink and it's gone.

I've just read a very inspiring post on Chris Garrett's blog. Chris asks you what do you do that's just like breathing? What comes naturally to you for work or pleasure. Take some time to read it, its inspired me I hope it does you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment