A recent report by the BBC into the cost of Translation by the UK Government estimated that they spend £100 Million per year.
The nation gasped, how could they spend all that. Well the nation don't know the half of it.
I work in translation and I recon that the cost is more like £500 Million! It's all hidden costs you see. Translation disappears into Marketing (yes me again), mysterious project costs and a million (500 to be exact) other things.
If only they bought it in a more sensible way and used Translation Memory and Telephone interpreting they'd save a huge amount.
As you'd expect, as Head of Marketing for Applied Language, I've done a bit of work on this already.
Here are the press releases for more information, oh yes and the podcast.
How the Met’s Galliano Show Fell Apart
13 hours ago

No comments:
Post a Comment